Thursday, December 29, 2011

Valentine Gifts

My husband and I always take a short get-away trip right after Christmas.  This year we didn't want to go far.  We headed out Tuesday morning and are already home.  It's always nice to go even if it's only for a day or two.  We're back and the Christmas tree and decorations are calling my name....to be put away until next year.  Maybe tomorrow.  I've got other things I want to do tonight ...... like make some Valentine gifts.


I've had this pail on hand for awhile.  It needed some decorating.  Before we left I ordered several Valentine svgs.  This heart was one of them.  Let me tell you it took some time to weed and apply this heart.  I love it but it takes some patience but I think it's worth it.  The xoxo is the Giselle font again.  It has a romantic French look.

I've been wanting to try these post-it holders.  They are on Pinterest and I thought they would make a great Valentine gift.  I started with a $1.00 acrylic frame from WalMart.  I cut scrapbook paper to fit the frame and slid it into the frame.  Next I matched ribbon to the paper, added chipboard hearts that were on the clearance table at Hobby Lobby. 

I used about half of a sticky note pad and adhered it with double-stick tape.  I used a combination of low-temp glue and double stick tape to secure everything else.

As the finishing touch I used an Eiffel Tower stamp on the post-it notes.  What an easy project for your sweet friends for Valentines Day!

If you would like to see my inspiration please check out

Have a wonderful Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment