Thursday, December 22, 2011

Happy Birthday Baby Jesus Day

Tonight we are having Christmas in a town about 20 miles away from us.  We will be with my family, my kids, and all of my grand babies, including Elizabeth and Alex who are my step-grand kids.  There will be 6 little ones there tonight so we are going to celebrate the birthday of Baby Jesus.  I have 2 beautiful nativity sets that I dearly love but I must say this new one is so sweet it may be favorite.  I bought it with my grand babies in mind.  It is wooden and they can arrange it and move it around all they want.

I've been listening to a new CD a good friend got me.  It's Michael Buble's newest Christmas album and I just keep playing it over and over (I'm weird like that :)  I wish each of you could hear it here. Even though I'm so happy today I can't help feeling a little melancholy just because (I'm weird like that :) 

Happy Birthday Baby Jesus!  My daughter told me Grayson loves nativities and every time she picks him up from nursery school he wants to go see Baby Jesus and Mary ( I think it's the Methodist Church that has a big outdoor nativity)

I got the local bakery to make us a cake for tonight!  Did I already say I love Nativity scenes?

I have lots of gifts for all the little folks for tonight.  I can't wait to see then open their gifts from Bella and Papa Asa!

I'm going to read Luke 2 from my new Grandmother's Bible (given to me by a dear friend who is a grandmother, too) before we travel tonight.  I hope to share that story with them before opening gifts and eating cake.

Have a wonderful day and evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment