Sunday, July 22, 2012

Back To School


I'm sewing a few things for fall and Halloween for Sloan.  I used an applique font called Mandingo and stitched it in a variety of fabrics.  Then I added a spider from a few years back (so far back I can't remember where I purchased it.  I think it was Nobbie Neez Kids). 


The spider is a doosey even when it is only a 4x4 size and I didn't applique fabric on the end of the legs.It is one of those designs that you only want to do once.  However, it always turns out so fun.  Maybe a purple tutu to match this shirt?

I found this cute but inexpensive dress that needed something added to it.  It's kind of busy but for play wear it is fine.  I used an oval patch, Fancy Font and added a bow. 

I want to make a matching pair of bloomers using the patch and font.


Back to school shirts for teachers at my school.  I enlarged this design a bit.  I thought it could be larger.  I used my favorite Fleur de Lis and Kwekel font.

Same design on an orange shirt


I changed it up a bit and added the teacher's name
{I notice I have not clipped connecting threads yet}


I also stitched a whimsical apple with her name.
Another old design that I'm not sure where it was purchased....maybe Embroider-Boutique.

  My husband and I took our last "little trip" before school starts :(
I have to keep telling myself my life does not end when school starts....lots of fun times ahead even when it does get back in full swing. 

I hope everyone has a great week! 

Karen


5 comments:

  1. Precious outfits for Sloaney and the teacher's shirts are so colorful! Did you make some for you, too? :0)

    It's hard to believe that it's almost time for school to start. It seems like yesterday that it was graduation. Time is flying by too fast for me - a sign I'm getting old!

    Have a great week, Karen! Hugs,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carolyn! I'm planning to stitch some shirts for myself. We shall see if I get them done :) I hope you have a great week, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for her outfits! Can't wait to see her in them. We always love your goodies!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are welcome. We'll have a style show this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen,
    I love your work. I am new at monogramming. Could you tell me what backing you use on your knit shirts and oneies?

    ReplyDelete