Friday, February 4, 2011

Valentine Gifts

 One extra day on the weekend is soooo nice!  I am getting to do some projects I have been wanting to try/finish but just had to ignore.  These insulated tumblers are one of those projects.  I picked these up during December thinking I'd be able to work on them but today I did.  $2 tumblers and I think they look pretty good to be from the Dollar Store.
 A single initial for my son's girlfriend and the other for a friend in my teacher's organization.  She is going to be our next state pres.  Quite an accomplishment!  These are one of those items I wished I'd bought more of.  Just a little fabric and an initial or two = a great little gift.
 Glasses for two of my most special Valentines.....my daughter and my step grand-daughter.  I used my Cricut to cut the vinyl.  The font is LD Elegance and  I added a few polka dots.

 I found this idea on another blog and couldn't wait to try it.  It is caramel made from condensed milk......easy, easy.  The labels were a freebie from that blog and I was able to personalize them.  Last week I ordered full-sheet labels online so I could make these labels.
 Label designs are available in many colors but these fit my Valentine colors. 
 I wanted to make these really special so I used cellophane and ribbon.  I hope you will notice the beautiful little spoons I added in the ribbon.  I found these for a steal and was thinking about my caramel when I bought them.
 Of course I'll share the how to's if you want to make your own.  I think I will include an apple or two or some popcorn to use with the caramel.  A brownie, ice cream and a little caramel would be yummy, too.
These are works in progress for my two special boys :)
I've had a great day and I hope you have, too.

2 comments:

  1. OK...must know how to do this! Recipe and labels please! How did you get it in the can and sealed?? Love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zandra email me so I can email you the directions at home.

    ReplyDelete