Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sewing for Ella Marie

My youngest niece, Lisa will be having a baby girl in September.  I am going to visit all of my Atlanta, Georgia family in a couple of weeks so I'm starting to sew for Ella Marie.  This is a project that I've been wanting to try for awhile..... a onesie dress.

It has taken me all morning to complete it but it is finished and I like it!  I don't think the next ones will take me as long.  Since Ella Marie is not due until September I used a long sleeve onesie.

I used this tutorial.  It uses elastic which makes it easier to slip the dress over the baby's head.  If anyone wants to make one skip on over to Barefootinthekitchen.  I modified her directions ever so slightly only because I serged the unfinished edges.  Also, I cut my onesie and I don't believe she cut hers.  Next time I will make the onesie a bit longer.....I needed a little more room for the monogram and rickrack.  If you have any questions just email me and I'll try to help.

I plan to make Ella a onesie to match this burp cloth.  Love this little happy owl :)

I believe he is a LynniePinnie design and her things are on sale so hop over there to take advantage of the sale.

I think I will add a bow to the owl so he will become a she :)
More later for Ella Marie, my great-niece to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment