Friday, July 29, 2011

My First Tutu

I've just returned from a trip to Atlanta.  I had a great trip visiting family, shopping, swimming and eating out.  But it's time to catch up on some sewing and learning something new......like making tutus.
I made a tutu today!  I started making a purple & gold LSU tutu and threw it in the trash.  Luckily I didn't give up because these are fun to make.  I can't wait to make more!

This one is a shower gift and I plan to monogram a onesie in the morning to match.  It's a start and the next ones will be better.  I used three pieces of tulle on each knot I made.

Tutus can be embellished in many ways.  I kept this one simple since it is a newborn size.  I think I'll try a Halloween tutu soon :)
Signing off for the weekend.....have a great one!

No comments:

Post a Comment