Monday, February 27, 2012

Catching Up

My husband had meetings in Grapevine, Texas so I decided to take off and go with him.  His meetings were held in the most beautiful setting, The Gaylord Texan which is a sister hotel to the Gaylord Opryland in Nashville, Tennesee.  I didn't need to leave the hotel for it has most everything you could want.....boutiques, resturants (that's all I need).  I didn't have my camera or plan to take pictures so all I had was my phone camera.  This is the atrium.  This picture doesn't do the atrium justice.  It is gorgeous.  It has one wall that looks like the Alamo and several typical vintage-like Texas oilwells.  The theme at this time was trains so there were miniature train sets all over the atrium.  When my daughter was there in the fall the theme was Alice in Wonderland.  How fun for children who visit! 

The atrium was also filled with freshly planted hot pink geraniums.  I can't wait to plant spring flowers.  If it wasn't for all the traffic in the Dallas area I could be a happy Texan :)

I was hoping to attend church with my mother Sunday so I wanted to fix her a little surprise to take along.  I printed out this scripture and put it in a frame (added a big bow)
 .
I found a site on Pinterest that has free printable scriptures. 

I also stitched her a couple of kitchen towels.

I didn't get to surprise her by showing up at church but I plan to visit her this week. 
Hope your week is off to a great start!

XOXO,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment