Thursday, May 24, 2012

Last Day of School!

 Banana Pudding

Tomorrow is the last day of class for students and teachers and then school's out for summer!  I will continue to work off and on during June and July but I will be at home a lot, too which I love.  After our students leave at noon tomorrow we are having a faculty lunch.


Our principals are providing crawfish and burgers (for those non-crawfish eating folks) for the big celebration.  Our job was to provide the desserts.  Remember the Paula Deen magazine from the last post?  This is the cover recipe.  It looked so delicious and sounded easy so I gave it a try.  My "taste-tester (Aka-husband) gave it the "it's really good seal of approval".


I had enough left over that I could make him a mini banana pudding.  It has cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, 4 boxes of pudding, milk, Cool Whip and sour cream....it has a few calories in it :)


Remember the plain mugs I showed you a couple of posts back?  This is the finished gift.  I put permanent vinyl stars (cut by my Cricut using the  Plantin SchoolBook cartridge.  Then I made Bunny Bark but I am calling it Red, White & Blue Bark. I used red, white and blue candies and sprinkles.


The only Oreo cookies that I had on hand were Mint so there is a touch of green that really messes up my color scheme :)  Anyway, I put the bark in large treat bags and tied them up with more red ribbon.


These are going to school tomorrow to give to special friends that have helped me through this year.  I'm thankful for those friends at work, for a good year..... no great year (our school district is ranked 6th in the state!), for a safe year and for all that I have learned this year about children.  I hope that I have made a difference in one child's life because that's why every teacher I know teaches, not for the money or the fame or even thank yous but because we love children. 
Hugs and Kisses to all the teachers out there and for the difference you make every day!

Happy Last Day of School & Memorial Day Weekend! 

Karen

3 comments:

  1. I had some of that banana pudding and loved it!!!! I knew someone would make it for the staff lunch (that's why I didn't make it!!)

    thanks for everything Karen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww you're welcome. Thanks for your friendship. Have a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where is the banana pudding recipe?

    ReplyDelete