A friend at school passed along some of her patterns. She has 3 girls and sews for them but they are growing up quickly. She is what I consider an "advanced sewer". I am a beginner.
I wanted to use the bloomers from one of her patterns to make an outfit for Sloan. I called another friend who is also an "advanced sewer" and she answered some questions I had and got me started. The bloomers went together quickly and easily. I used my serger to finish all the edges and I'm pretty happy with the end result.
This is the top that I made to match the bloomers. I have been wanted this font for awhile. It is the interlocking font that is so beautiful for monograms. I broke down and bought it today
And the finished outfit. Tomorrow night I want to make a matching headband with flower rosettes. Will shall see how that turns out.